Airport security annoys everyone; even the most savvy of travelers. BUT, it does not have to be as stressful as you might think. Here are my best airport security tips to make it through airport security easily and with as little stress as possible.
- Wear pants with no pockets – This will prevent you from leaving metal objects such as wallets, keys, coins, and phones in your pockets and make going through the metal detectors much faster.
- Wear pants that do not require a belt – Most likely, if you followed the rule above, you pants will not require a belt. Most security points require you to take off your belt, shoes, and hoodies.
- Put everything besides your clothes in your carry-on before going through security – this includes phones and wallets. Only leave your Passport/ID and boarding pass out. Once you get through security, put your passport/ID away in a safe area.
- The smaller the carry-on, the better. – A smaller carry-on means less things that you have to worry about.
- Stay out of lines with families – families take forever to go through security, especially if they have little kids. If you see a stroller, GET OUT!
- Keep the lid off of your water bottle and easily visible – Although you are not allowed to bring a full water bottle through security, I bring an empty one, then fill it up as soon as I am through. Remember, no more than 3 oz of liquid per bottle. All liquids must be in 1 zip-lock bag.
- Relax – If you think you are going to be stressed, you probably will be.